If you are asking if massage can really reduce body fats, you are not alone. Many people, especially women, are wondering about its wonders towards fat elimination. There are really more reasons to visit a massage spa other than its usual psychological and physical effects. If you are having a hard time working out but can’t modify the heavy diet that you have, massage can really help you lessen your weight.
What is massage? A massage is a manipulation of soft tissues of our body together with the muscles, connective tissues, tendons, ligaments, and joints. It can give a lot of benefits to our body. Physically, it can help you heal your burnt out muscles from work or from exercise. It can also make the healing process of sprained ligaments and joints faster. Additionally, it offers a lot of psychological benefits to us. For instance, it can reduce your stress from your daily work and it also improves your sleeping habits.
Massage can improve your overall blood circulation. But how can one benefit from an improved circulation? A very good circulation is very important to one’s health. The heart is the pumping center of the body and as the pumped out blood will then circulate throughout the body. The blood carries oxygen so as it circulates through the blood vessels, oxygen is also being delivered to the different parts of the body. It will result in sufficient oxygen all throughout your body and it will promote the cell growth and organ functions. Also, your skin can get benefits from it because as it will have more ability to fight off bacteria and infections.
If you are having an unhealthy diet, it may disturb or even block your blood circulation. Excess body fats can also result to heart problems like atherosclerosis and angina. A good body massage can help you prevent these complications.
2. Help to Boost Your Endurance and Stamina
If you want to reduce weight, regular exercise is crucial for success. But while doing that, your muscles and joints may be compromised as these could be the ones to absorb all the pain and pressure you get from exercising. This can make you endure less. Regular exercise can increase your capability and endure more physical activities that can ultimately help your body. With strength comes self-sufficiency, which can lead to a healthier lifestyle. If you are working out frequently, you will be able to build your body weight that you can maintain.
Massage can help you do more in a weight room because it can revitalize your tired muscle and improve your muscle strength.
3. Increase Metabolism and Get Rid of Cellulite
A cellulite is a persistent subcutaneous fat which gives the skin a dimpled and lumpy appearance. It can be usually seen on the buttocks and thighs but it can be in the other areas as well. Cellulites came from the combination of fat and collagen fibers. The first thing to do is to burn excess fats. Fast metabolism can help you reduce your cellulites. And there are many ways to improve your metabolism. The best thing you should do is, again, develop a regular exercise habit. By increasing the muscle mass, you can improve your metabolism. Another way is to get a regular massage trip. According to studies, massage can increase the interchange of vital substances between blood and cells, which promote metabolism.
4. Reduce Fat and Burn Fat Cells
According to research, if you continuously massage a specific area, especially where a lot of fats have accumulated, the fat cells can be reduced. As stated already, there are many ways on how you can remove fats like by removing toxins from your body, helping your muscles endure more for more intense workouts, and heal injuries from regular exercises to lose weight. Massage can also affect your eating habit thus; you can lose weight in the process.
5. Clear and Remove Toxins from Your Body
As stated above, massage can help improve the blood circulation. This improved blood flow can also flush toxins away from your body. These toxins can be one of the reasons for increased levels of fats. Removing toxins from the body can also help you reduce fats. One way to get rid of them is through regular exercise and massage.
If you can remove the toxins, lactic acids will also be taken away. An extreme work-out can tire you out easily, but a massage can make your sore muscles feel revived and restored.
There are also different kinds of massage you can choose from depending on your needs. Below are three examples of these.
- Aromatherapy Massage – This one can reduce your urge to binge eat which can contribute a lot to losing weight. This massage uses different kinds of oils for this purpose like extracts of flowers, fruits, leaves, and seeds. People who regularly go through this will improve their sleeping habits and their muscle pain will ease. It can also make you feel more relaxed and free from all kinds of stress and anxiety.
- Lymphatic Massage – If you want to boost your metabolism, this one is the best for you. It can also enhance your immunity from sickness and toxins. You can also reduce stress and anxiety. If you regularly get this massage, you will notice changes in your eating habits. If you are into intense workout and sports, you may need to choose this because it can heal the injuries associated with the said activities.
- Abdominal Massage – This massage can also help flush toxins away from the body. It can also help your digestive system function better. If you continuously get this massage, you will also notice a change in your lifestyle. Abdominal massage can also make you feel more energized. It can be the must-needed boost in your workout regimen. Just remember to breathe deeply while taking the massage. To see the best results, you can get it done twice a day.
To sum it up, massage can really be very beneficial for your body. You can relieve stress and anxiety, heal your worn out muscles, plus, it can also help you lose weight and tone your muscles.