Do you usually feel sleepy the whole day? Are you having a hard time completing the tasks given to you? Does it feel like every day is Monday? If you are feeling stressed the whole day, you need to know that how you started your day can also be the reason for your stress.
Your early morning routine is very important because it will determine your productivity for the whole day. You should start your day with something that will help you increase your energy and prepare your mind to do the things that you need to do.
Here are some morning habits that can shape your whole day:
30 Minutes of Exercise
Waking up earlier will give you enough time to exercise. It will also provide you a better opportunity to become more productive throughout the day. There are studies that have proven the importance of exercise in a person’s everyday life. If you do not have much time because you need to prepare for work, you can just allow at least 30 minutes of exercise daily. Aside from higher productivity throughout the day, here are the other important benefits that you can get when you exercise in the morning:
- It can greatly help you improve your metabolism and can also help you burn calories.
- Morning exercise can also help you improve your consistency in different aspects of life including your work.
- It can help you unleash your physical energy and it also helps awaken your mind for better performance for the whole day.
- Morning exercise is a way to teach yourself self-discipline. If you can wake up early just to exercise, you will definitely learn how to apply discipline in the other areas of your life.
- It can also make you feel happier and contented. With this, you can focus on your tasks without feeling bored or depressed.
Drink Coffee or Tea
Whether you are a coffee or a tea person, you will surely be happy to know that your favorite beverage can be one of the keys for you to have a perfect day. While you are reading your favorite newspaper or checking some updates on your smartphone, you can have a cup of coffee or tea and you will brighten up your day. Here are benefits that you will get from coffee or tea when you have a cup before starting your day:
- Both coffee and tea contain antioxidants that can help in cleansing your body. This way, you will be able to protect yourself from the negative effects of free radicals that are usually caused by different factors in the environment.
- It can boost your energy. Whenever you feel like you do not have the energy you need to start with your day, you can have a cup of hot coffee or tea. This is the best starter for a stressful day.
- Coffee and tea contain caffeine that can help in increasing the mind activities. This way, you will be able to avoid dementia and other conditions that will make you forget about important things.
Play Music You Love
There are mornings when you can’t help but feel unprepared. You will not be able to avoid this kind of day especially if you have been working with the same company and you are doing the same job for many years now. During this kind of moment, the best thing that you can do is to play the music that you love while you are preparing to start your day.
Everyone has a different taste in music. Just choose the song that can make you feel happy. If you love upbeat music, this is also a great starter. Just let the music play on the background while you are having your coffee or exercising. This will give you the motivation you need to begin with a new day.
Have a Healthy Breakfast
According to most healthcare practitioners, the common mistake that most people commit is not eating breakfast before they start their day. This unhealthy habit will make you feel weak and it will steal away your will to accomplish important things. If you want to be productive and you want to enjoy your day, you should have a healthy breakfast before you leave your home. Here are some tips that can help you in preparing healthy food for your morning meal:
- Add more protein such as eggs, nuts and lean meat. This way, you will be able to have more energy for a budy day.
- Add fruits and vegetables. If you want to maintain a healthy body, you should invest more on natural and fresh food.
- Whole grains like bagels and whole grain waffles can also give you a great start for your day.
- Cut low on sugar. You can include low-fat dairy products like cottage cheese, milk and yogurt.
- Always prepare food that will provide the nutrient requirement of your body.
With the type of breakfast that is being characterized here, you can work better every day and you will also be able to maintain a healthy body.
Pick 3 Tasks to Be Done Today
Planning ahead before you do anything is something that you need to practice if you want to be productive. It is better to start the day knowing that you know that you need to accomplish. It will save you from stress and frustration. If you are expecting a load of responsibilities and you do not know where to start, think about the three most important tasks that need your attention immediately and focus on them first. By setting your mind to do these tasks, you are also giving yourself the motivation to accomplish short-term goals.
Consider all these things before you start with the day and you will certainly avoid being disappointed with yourself. To make it easier to apply all these concepts, you should be able to wake up earlier. Give time for breakfast preparation, exercise and planning.