One of the most persistent disappointment experienced by both men and women on a daily basis is blemished and lackluster skin. Wouldn’t it be wonderful to wake up everyday and not have to think about when a zit might burst or how you can cover up a hyperpigmentation problem on your jawline?
The world isn’t perfect and, the experienced person that you are, you’ve learned that life lesson a long time ago, isn’t that right? That’s the reason why nobody’s skin is perfect, its’s just that some people have gotten better over the years in managing their skin issues, even when it comes to a skin issue as bad as needing adult acne treatment.
Unfortunately, most people can point out to more than one or two skin problems that bother them everyday, which may be your skin issues too. Below are five of the most common skin issues you might also be dealing with right now and what causes each.
- Blemishes. Pimples, blackheads, whiteheads and pimples are common signs of poor skincare regimen but also hormonal imbalance which is outside of your control.
- Dull, uneven toned skin. People with either bumpy or flawless skin share this common skin issue. You may have unblemished skin but often end up with a pale, lifeless and unflattering complexion. The most probable cause is overexposure to the sun.
- Dark spots. Skin naturally develops dark spots as you age but that doesn’t mean it’s a normal skin condition most especially when you’re only in your 30’s or 40’s. The culprit? The top cause is still years of sun damage but also harsh products and treatments in your routine that permanently damage your skin matrix.
- Hyper pigmented skin. Uneven skin tone is another sign of UV damage but also of your vices, smoking most especially.
- Saggy skin. Older people can expect their skin to take a toll from the constant pull of gravity. Saggy skin may also be a sign that you need to pay attention to your daily physical activities. Loss of muscle mass and fatty tissues underneath the skin’s surface is also a top reason why you see loose skin
What’s in your power to claim your rosier glow?
Fret not, ladies and gentlemen! Now that you know what’s causing your lackluster complexion, you have the basic information you need to turn it around. Below are top 5 things you can do to get a rosier, more radiant complexion right now:
- Give yourself sufficient beauty rest. Dark circles and under eye puffiness are the most immediate manifestations of lack of sleep. What you don’t see, however — slower skin cell turnover, growing inefficiency of your skin to capture and lock in moisture, among others — is what’s causing permanent damage to your skin.
The Journal of Clinical and Experimental Dermatology published a study in 2015 that showed how the moisture and personal perception of appearance among good sleepers and poor sleepers differed significantly. Moreover, the study showed that higher rates of trans epidermal water loss was manifested among poor sleepers.
- Start on a healthier lifestyle. It’s not only good for your skin but for your overall health as well. It’s the one solution to your dull complexion that you can never go wrong with. Boost circulation through exercise which should give you a natural afterglow. Be more selective with the food you put on your plate.
- Prioritize sun protection. Just taking into consideration the list in the preceding section, keeping away from the sun’s UV can do a lot to simultaneously improve and protect your complexion. So, from now on, never underestimate the combined protective power of sunscreen, an umbrella, a broad brimmed hat and a pair of dark glasses whenever you have to brave the sun.
- Review your skincare routine and revamp if necessary. One of the most beneficial changes you can do for your beauty regimen is to incorporate antioxidants which can also support adult acne treatment. The International Journal of Aesthetic and Anti-Aging Medicine published a study in 2015 which showed that subjects who received a combination of Vitamin C and Glutathione treatments saw a brighter complexion and were observed to have better moisturized skin.
- Some makeup tricks go a long way. You don’t have to be a professional to know what looks best for your skin. At any age, less is more. Know exactly what you need and stick with it.