Seborrheic dermatitis is a common skin disorder which usually occurs on the scalp, but it also appears on other body areas which contain active oil glands specifically at face, upper chest and torso. It brings scaly patches, red skin and flakes which cause irritation and itching in the scalp.
Seborrheic dermatitis is a chronic condition which requires care and treatment even after the symptoms goes away, but it doesn’t mean that it will never come back. There are many reasons that contribute to generate the diseases which can be environmental, physiological and stress. Although the core reason is Malasezzia fungus. Generally the dermatitis infected the scalp and the Malsezzia fungus disturbs the hair follicle, which leads to hair fall. When we discussed the diseases with surgeon Dr Rana Irfan which provide best fue hair transplant in Islamabad said that in dermatitis disease the excess natural oil (sebum) or the abnormal production of sebum feed the Malasezzia fungus, the sebum boost the fungus activity which cause inflammation in the hair follicle and that is the reason that we encountered to hair loss in this disease.
Many natural treatments and remedies are present to prevent the outraged response of Seborrheic dermatitis. It has been observed scientifically, in dermatitis your diet played a major role in fixing and worsens the condition. The diet includes what food to avoid and what to consume in order to encounter the infection severity. Basically the diet influences the inflammation; which repairs the hair follicle and counter dandruff and sebum production, which is the main problem of this disease.
Now, we focus on the diet that might help you to reduce the symptoms of the diseases.
- What to exclude from the diet
The saturated foods that we consume on a daily basis contain fats which increase the sebum production that feeds the Malasezzia; so here we recommend you to exclude all the foods that are enrich with fats and are highly saturated such as:
- All the dairy products that are un skimmed such as Milk, butter, yogurt, mayonnaise etc.
- Fatty meats, coconut products, oil and eggs.
- Chocolate, pastries, cookies and ice creams.
We have listed here the main’s food which is 90% scientifically found culprit in causing food allergies. However, it is not necessary every person have allergies any of these foods; it varies from person to person. We mentioned here all the foods that need to be monitored while including in the diet which are given as follows:
- Seafood, especially fish
- Tree nuts, peanuts, cashew and Wall nuts.
- Wheat, maize, corn and soy.
- Garlic, tomato and onion.
- Oranges, lemon, kiwi, grapes and strawberries.
Understand your food allergies
Scientifically proven the food allergens activate and exasperate the seborrhea. If any of the foods is causing allergy that can undermine through a personal analysis test. Usually it is very difficult to analyze the food allergies. The other test can take 6 weeks, which employ a method what food to eat and food not to eat. In this test, all foods which are prone to cause allergies are discarded and then add one by one with the monitoring for the allergy.
- What to include in the diet
The Seborrheic dermatitis affected can include the foods that are rich in vitamins and proteins such as
- Vitamin A severs actively in improving the skin condition and provides a cure to the eczema, psoriasis and even baldness. This vitamin deficiency leads to generate scales and dryness. The food that is rich in vitamin A are dark leafy green vegetables, fish, carrot, squash, pumpkin, tomato, watermelon, apples, mangoes and beans.
- The food that contain antioxidant properties and inscribed Vitamin-E which serves to decrease inflammation and repair skin damages. Avocado, spinach and almonds contain a good amount of vitamin E. Researches define that low fat consumption, such as olive oil also serves to overcome the impact of dermatitis.
- In various patients the core reason of having dermatitis is a deficiency of Vitamin B. Especially B7 serves to improve the dermatitis condition. Meat, egg, white, rice, legumes, Pork and soya beans. Some of these foods are intercepting in generating allergies, so before consuming any of the food allergens food ; you must properly monitor them.
- Our skin is made up form proteins, and due to the less protein consumption we linger to the diseases. Various studies elucidate that the poor intake of proteins leads to Seborrheic dermatitis. Some of the proteins are fish, chicken, pork, prawns, lentils, egg, almond, cheese, milk, avocado, rice beans, soy and legumes. Few proteins are cause allergies so do personal evaluation to rectify the allergies.
The nutrients and healthy diet are necessary for the effective functioning of the body. Our immune system requires a good amount of nutrients and by providing unhealthy foods we compromise immune ability which make our body vulnerable to get infected from the diseases like Seborrheic dermatitis, So eat wisely and healthy and get rid of all the diseases.